Director of Marketing
Arena Stage seeks an experienced professional to oversee the Marketing department. Responsible for $12 million in earned income, the Director oversees all marketing efforts to cultivate and retain an annual audience of 300,000. Requires proven direct marketing and advertising skills; strong knowledge of design and production for print and web; and expertise in market research and audience development. Must possess excellent strategic, financial, organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Arts background preferred. Salary commensurate with experience.
- 5 years’ senior level marketing experience
- Proven record of achieving goals and developing strategies for $7 million+ in earned revenue per year
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in marketing or communications. Master’s degree preferred
- A passion for theater
- The ability to look at complex problems and/or opportunities in a creative and innovative manner
- The desire to aggressively challenge traditional thought in order to find efficiencies and improve performance
- Strong drive to establish systems and prioritize projects
- Experience with Tessitura Database Management System
- The ability to work with all departments at Arena Stage to develop a comprehensive plan to promote all organizational activities
- Experience working with outside marketing consultants and guiding their work
- The ability to work with a variety of different people and to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in working with commercial producers or on commercial transfers
- A knowledge of the Washington, DC market is a plus
- In conjunction with the other directors in the Communications Department, is responsible for crafting strategy and tactics for achieving $12 million in earned revenue per year from a wide variety of sources including subscriptions, group sales, single tickets, community engagement activities, playbill advertising, sponsorships, event rentals, parking, merchandise and café sales.
- Oversees all marketing efforts to cultivate and retain an annual audience of 300,000 people. This includes the development and creation of print, radio, television and digital advertising campaigns; creating content for and supervising the distribution of our e-communications; implementing grass roots and word-of-mouth strategies; and creating marketing plans for all earned revenue streams.
- Spearhead general visibility campaigns including outdoor signage; opportunities at local festivals, parades and fairs; product placement; and promotional opportunities.
- Working with the Associate Executive Director, be responsible for developing, pitching and cultivating all major media sponsors responsible for contributing on average $500,000 in additional promotional/advertising opportunities each year.
- Represent Arena Stage at community organizations meetings.
- Develop in-kind partnerships and special rates with local businesses including restaurants and hotels.
- In conjunction with our Director of Publications, the Director of Marketing manages the award-winning Arena Stage brand.
- Serve as an art director and copy writer for marketing collateral.
cover letter and resume to:
1101 6th St. SW
Washington, DC 20024
No calls please.
Arena Stage values diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.